There’s no better way to celebrate Labor Day than spending some time outdoors with friends, family and good food. For many, grilling food outdoors is a staple during these warm months. If you’re a cannabis enthusiast looking to elevate your cookout, consider cooking with cannabis. Culture Magazine shares a few summer dishes featuring cannabis-infused goods to help you amp up your meals.
4 ears of corn
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon cannabis-infused butter
1/2 cup Cotija cheese
- Remove corn from husks and strip away remaining silk.
- Lather corn evenly with infused and non-infused butter. Season well with salt and pepper. Squeeze lime juice directly onto the corn.
- Place corn on grill and cook for 15 minutes, turning frequently until grill marks are present on all sides.
- Sprinkle desired amount of Cotija cheese onto cooked corn. Rip up fresh leaves of basil and place on top of corn.
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup olive oil
1/8 cup cannabis-infused olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak
2 tablespoons cannabis-infused olive oil
1 red onion, cut into cubes
1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
1 green bell pepper, cut into cubes
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into cubes
Salt and pepper
Skewer sticks (either wooden or metal)
- Mix all the ingredients for meat marinade in a plastic bag. Cut sirloin steak into one-inch cubes, and place in marinade for at least 1 hour (or a maximum of five hours).
- Alternate vegetables and meat as desired onto a skewer stick. Cover skewers evenly with infused olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. If there is reserved marinade, use it to cover the skewers as well.
- On a high-heat grill, cook skewers for 10 minutes. Flip onto different sides throughout cook times.
For more recipes to try this summer, check out “Infused barbecue: Eight recipes to fire up the ultimate cannabis cookout.” To make cooking with cannabis even easier, order your favorite cannabis products online for immediate pick-up at The Grove dispensary.